Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Statements Of The Think Big Revolution

As I finish reading and contemplating on the book I told you about in my previous post, I feel compelled to reprint here the book's final summary...His "Statements Of The Think Big Revolution". As I read and re-read these statements, I continue to be surprised how many of them continue to grab me and shake me each time...as if it was the first time to "hear it"... a disturbing illustration as to how easy it is to become lost in the small thinking of our society. If we aren't careful, we are suddenly living exactly opposite of these statements which will certainly negatively impact our lives in so many ways...

From: The Think Big Manifesto by Michael Port

Statements Of The Think Big Revolution

STATEMENT OF CORE

I will identity what I stand for through a concerted process of self-questioning and exploration to discover my core, the what that is so me.

I will make public what I stand for.

I will hold myself visibly accountable each day to its letter and spirit.

STATEMENT OF INDEPENDENCE

I will be comfortable with who I am right now and know that I am good enough.

I will use my innate talents and gifts to do big things in the world.

I will not give up in the face of others' fear or disbelief.

STATEMENT OF COLLABORATION

I will be a person others want to work with.

I will work with others without hidden or selfish intent to accomplish our mutual goals in the service of what each of us stands for.

STATEMENT OF DISCOMFORT

I will not seek control.

I will make visible my purpose, make promises in its service, and take risks to fulfill my commitments.

STATEMENT OF PROMISES

I will be an authentic person, one whom others can rely on.

I will make hard promises that push me to the best of my capacity.

I will not try to fulfill. I will.

STATEMENT OF SUBMISSION

I am here to learn.

I will deliberately seek out wise and true teachers and submit to the authority of the constraints they create in the service of our goals.

STATEMENT OF INTEGRITY

I will be congruent in private and in public, in purpose and in action.

I will act in the spirit, light, and service of what I stand for.

STATEMENT OF WORK

I am a warrior.

I will train to be strong psychologically, intellectually, and physically so that I may have the fortitude to do the big things I am capable of.

STATEMENT OF FUN

I will embrace chaos and joy.

I will let go of the false notion of control and laugh at the inevitable absurdity of existence, mine above all.

STATEMENT OF NOW

I will be now. I am now.

I will not wait for the other in the false security of excuses and procrastination.

I will do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment